Oni Denim No. ONI-515KIRAKU-ll-BK
12oz Black Semi Tight Straight
- Black (Sulfur Dyed)
- Oni Original 12oz Japanese Selvedge Slub Denim
- KIRAKU Denim Updated Version (More Durable Than 1st KIRAKU Denim)
- While it appears more like a 14oz denim, the fabric is actually very breathable and feels light because of the Low Tension Weave.
- Low Tension Weave
- 100% Cotton
- One Wash
- Special Edition for Blue In Green with plain rear pockets
- Model is 5'11" wearing Size 29 (usually wears US Size 28).
- Made In Japan
Oni Denim’s original slubby low tension weave uses uneven threads and yarns to simulate a hand woven texture. When trying to find a fabric loom to simulate the roughness and texture of hand woven denim, several vintage wooden shuttle looms were ultimately damaged in the process. Only one loom was found to be capable of producing the super loose tension in the thread length necessary for weaving Oni's denim. All Oni denim is woven using this one and only machine, which is operated by a single master weaver who is able to control and prevent damage to the machine.
This Oni denim also fades in a unique way, beginning with the top most layer of fine points above the threads, then a layer of lines along the threads, ending with a gradual presentation of the denim surface.